ZOIDSPOISON ZOIDSPOISON
ZOIDSPOISON
About Us ZOIDS Stats ZOIDS Talk
ZOIDS Talk

Zoids Contest Arena 2012!

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ZOIDS CITY FORUM] >> ZOIDS Discussion >> Zoids Contest Arena 2012! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 24/8/2011 7:08:21 AM   
MYTHOSReject

Alright, the new Zoids Contest Arena (ZCA) custom contest has just been announced!

http://www.zoids-fan.net/zi_next/c_t_2012_kaisetu01.html

If anyone can produce a decent translation of the rules (google translate can suck it), it would very much be appreciated, though I plan to enter regardless. I would be honored if some of you guys would join me. If I recall correctly, NoBodyHere was a player the last time this contest was held:

http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=61769&mpage=1&key=spider

Here's a look at the entries from the past few ZCAs:

http://youtu.be/-YvSiEo12KU

Post #: 1
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 24/8/2011 11:21:22 AM   
Fontana

I will join.

ZOIDS AWAKES

(in reply to MYTHOSReject)
Post #: 2
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 24/8/2011 12:13:34 PM   
Leon35

That video was...I will say something I have never said on ZP before, no, about anything on the Internet before...inspiring!

I am in shock and awe about how many cool customs there are. It makes me want to do so much more with that Helcat of mine then just a simple repaint. I would enter, but these guys are in a whole other leauge, no, from a completely different world compared to me...

I know some people on this forum who absolutely have to enter this contest! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! SHOW YOURSELVES!

Command Wolf SARA project

Buying Zoids parts
http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=99552

(in reply to Fontana)
Post #: 3
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 24/8/2011 1:22:18 PM   
raykong

Sadly, I'm no customizer. Even if I was, I doubt I'd be as good as these guys :)

That said, the best of luck to anyone who is participating!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leon35

I know some people on this forum who absolutely have to enter this contest! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! SHOW YOURSELVES!

Co-signed haha!

My Fanfiction

(in reply to Leon35)
Post #: 4
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 24/8/2011 2:25:12 PM   
Maethius

Can anyone translate?  I have never participated in ZCA... only admired their level of craftsmanship.  I might join, depending on the criteria (I can't exactly show up in person for judging, or make a custom based on Armored Core (like I can even afford 1 kit!)

Please visit Age of War for more Maethius customs.

(in reply to raykong)
Post #: 5
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 2/9/2011 2:56:02 PM   
Maethius

Gonna bump this one.  From what I've been able to gather by using 4 translation programs, it looks like the rules are: 

Dates

"Wanted Work" (entries accepted between) December 1, 2011 and February 15, 2012 (before the world ends)

Gallery Displayed from January 4 through March 2012 (I think)

Voting: Through May 5, 2012.

Acceptable Entries

1) Painted works only (or painted Zoids with CP's) is an official category

2) Only "animal type" entries will be accepted (no hominid robots or "transformer" types); no straight vehicles.

3) Blox builds are acceptable

4) Unsure about this one; comes up with "the work of others or similar works" - perhaps custom builds made to resemble other kits (such as using a Leo-Gator to build a King Liger)?

What to Submit

Photos (up to 5):

1) Front, Side, Above, Forward & Rear 3/4 views.  An overall "thumbnail" or action shot is recommended.

2) Photos must be against a clean, solid colored background (assume for clarity and for Nexus' awesome Photoshopping

3) Photo size/format: 640x480 (the smallest I've seen) JPG, GIF, or PNG

Other Entry Stuff

1) Specifications: Name, Height, Length, Total Weight, Max Speed, Armament, Manufacturer (there is a list, which I can make out SELENE, Muroa, or mercenary).  I no company is chosen, or "unspecified" your unit may be assigned to one if you have no preference.

2) Pilot info: name, reason for entering the battle

3) Additional entrant commentary info/pages (unsure if these will be accessible during the contest viewing/voting period or not)

So, in a nutshell, that's what I've derived.  However, some clarification is greatly needed.  Further, I don't see an email address to submit to, yet.

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 6
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 7/9/2011 8:12:34 AM   
MYTHOSReject

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maethius

4) Unsure about this one; comes up with "the work of others or similar works" - perhaps custom builds made to resemble other kits (such as using a Leo-Gator to build a King Liger)?

Makes sense. Didn't a past ZCA feature a replica Bloody Demon custom and a shrunken-sized Geno Breaker?

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 7
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 7/9/2011 3:11:59 PM   
Maethius

I believe so.   Some of the things I really need clarity on are if there are certain dates you are expected to build a custom... many contests specify you must build your custom between the 24th of March and the 33rd of December, or some-such.  I was wondering if the first part of the rules ("Wanted Work") was speaking of the submission time or the build time.  Can you only submit customs built between Dec. 1 and Feb. 15?

Anyway, we need to find a member fluent in Japanese!

Post #: 8
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 1/10/2011 3:15:33 AM   
MYTHOSReject

They've updated the site with new information, specifically pertaining to the three factions that custom entries can side with.

Translation:

This conflict is mainly exchanged by the following three groups.

1)Europa continental political, economic, EUF institutions and imposed military force and responsible for leading companies.

2)ECF startups enter one's name to an existing追I落Tosou a giant continent with the help of others.

3)Aure'lia alliance defense measure only wants peace but single-mindedly.

Disagreement over the new resources could be called even change the global balance of power in the future will be said for just one chance in a million chance of working in a number of mercenaries at the same time.

>> - Union Euope.Union.Force ~ europe
Second Continental war west (west of the continent in other continents this is called the "western continental war of independence" and referred to) was present coalition of independent nations in the continent west of the largest corporations and leading political that the agency currently responsible for business成Ri下Gatsu.
Calmly taking actions that deviate from the establishment of freedom of the people forever be enshrined in the Charter of the Union at all reflect the intentions of SLENE strong action on giant also ensure this new interest in the resource area.
Current Status of the fluctuation is becoming a national power that the companies emerging in recent years has been arrogant and proud of the absolute authority to commute.

>> EuropeCompanyfederation (europe business federation)
Organization was born in the course of mediation between the companies that are leading companies to government agencies EUF. While many startups get a sponsor or patron of the largest corporations to participate in this organization is made ​​in the transfer of powers delegated to a group belonging to a conglomerate group permissions for many new technologies.
The only organization to maintain control of the giant structure present, the continent's leading tool for other agencies to regaining power in recent years, emerging with a stronger voice prominent factions in some of these new resources in the district are beginning to initiate formal action on the dispute.

>> Network of independent colonies had been effectively managed and operated in the area and new resources in the area so far Aure'lia alliance. Have been stymied by the Toka battlefield without self-expression of this conflict.
Army comes to doing business, such as where the colony's military and end up in this situation would be tantamount to say that without crippling the colony. Course of the war came to be able to secure a mercenary force and other powerful allies to the same colony is managed by the Steering Committee this conflict arena, financial woes will continue in all aspects .

Zoids has excellent ride and want to be forces of any immediate use. We look forward to your participation.

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 9
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 18/11/2011 3:32:12 PM   
Maethius

Huzzah!

I knew if I persisted something would open up.....

The ZCA contest has just posted... (wait for it) ... an E-MAIL ADDRESS!!!!

Yes, I can now attempt to ask my questions and get some answers.  So can YOU!  Here it is, folks:

Zoids Contest Arena 2012 Question Line

aisen_free_maker @ lapis.plala.or.jp

In the subject window, type: "About Arena" to avoid the spam filter

Post #: 10
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 18/11/2011 10:55:04 PM   
Tilly

If you send questions, I'd advise sending them in English rather than Google Translate Japanese. Trust me on this, unless you can at least check/fix it up, translator Japanese is...um. About as bad as translator English. Possibly worse!

...I swear, both Google Translate and Excite keep mutating. The former is getting better at translating insults and slang, the latter worse :/.

pointytilly.net - Tumblr - CAZ (Zoids RPG)

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 11
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 19/11/2011 3:29:53 PM   
Maethius

Yeah, I'm sending in English... as clear and concise as possible.  Otherwise I would end up sounding like Yoda!

(Ever try that?  To write a letter like Yoda, type in English, use Google Translate to change it to Japanese, then again to change it back!)

Yoda asking about the ZCA competition (really... right from the page!):

"I have for some time now, would love to participate in the competition arena Zoids Nexus world famous contest that customized Zoids! I when I have to send them, please let me know where to send your own photos! Also, I have candy? Thank you!"

(original)
"I have been customizing Zoids for some time now and would love to participate in the world renown Zoids Nexus Contest Arena competition!  Please let me know where I can send my pics and when I need to send them!  Also, is there candy?  Thanks!!!"

(in reply to Tilly)
Post #: 12
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 22/11/2011 3:40:01 PM   
Maethius

Double post!

Got my responses back from ZN!

From 塚本:

>>1) Where do I send pictures of my Zoids?

I am the same as an e-mail address of this place.
(aisen_free_maker @ lapis.plala.or.jp)

>>2) Latest day pictures must be sent?

From January 31, 2011 to April 15, 2012

>>3) Are there prizes for ZCA-2012 winners?

The ranking runs out, but there is not a prize or prize money.

Thanking you in advance.

2011 11/20  AISEN

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 13
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 27/11/2011 11:59:23 PM   
MYTHOSReject

So we can submit any custom built since this past January? Haha, sweetness!

I'm curious Maethius, how long did it usually take for them to reply to your questions? (I sent mine about two days ago, but I'm worried the email didn't reach them)

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 14
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 28/11/2011 3:45:39 AM   
Maethius

It took about 4 days, and he apologized for the delay. Still, better than some tech support I've gotten lately!  :D

Up in the air about my custom as an entry... dare I enter it in the mighty ZCA, or wait for ZPCC-2012?  I'm not sure I will have time for both, especially with start of year submission dates.  Hmm.

Post #: 15
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 28/11/2011 7:32:41 AM   
MYTHOSReject

Given that the ZCA only happens ever two or three years, I think it's worth it, but I'm wondering, around when is this year's ZP Custom Contest?

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 16
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 28/11/2011 11:28:31 PM   
Leon35

Strong with the force, Maethius is. Most powerful in the DARTH side, he is

Thanks for this. Sucks that there is no prize to be won, but it looks like such a fun competition, and so many good entries from previous years. Imagine what would happen if there was a prize...

Maethius, considering how skilled you are, I would not be suprised if you were able to get a very high ranking in ZCA. However, if you feel that you have a good shot at placing 1st in a competition like ZPCC (like normal ) that does have prizes (lets hope we even have a ZPCC this year, much less with prizes...) then I would go with a ZPCC. But it might be a small gamble, because like I said, who knows what Liem has on his plate right now, and considering we have not heard from him in some time, the fate of our annual contest seems to be up in the air as of right now. taking that into consideration, you may want to enter this custom in the ZCA, as it may also earn you the world recognition you deserve, its a good way to see how the rest of the world compares to your mighty creations, its probobly a whole different experience, and this competition is on a much larger scale with a higher competitive nature, something that can really test ones limits, and it does only happen every few years.

Buying Zoids parts

Post #: 17
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 29/11/2011 3:35:51 PM   
Maethius

Hmmm.  That's a very good point.  To be sure, I have always wanted to see if I could compete with "the big boys" (and girls!) at Nexus.  The reason I usually aim for prize-based contests isn't so much out of greed (kinda) but because I have so little money these days for collecting (darned kids not only want food every day, they want clothes that fit, too!!!).  For the past few years the only way I've been able to get resources for building customs is by winning contests.

Still, what an opportunity to go up against some of the respected artists out there....

(in reply to Leon35)
Post #: 18
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 10/12/2011 12:48:50 AM   
MYTHOSReject

Indeed. And because any custom zoid built this past year is applicable, I think this is a good opportunity for people to submit their ZP Contest 2011 entries for a second showing; along with whatever custom projects they are currently working on.

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 19
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 10/12/2011 6:20:02 PM   
Maethius

I would be tempted to submit Storm Heron to that contest, but probably not Daidalos since it wouldn't fall within the scope of their story (and the SH would have to be an industry custom or mercenary).  Heck, Siobhan would be a decent entry given the style of many of their past offerings, but I see something very different in the Nexus customs apart from mine lately... my customs have been based on combining Zoids with "realistic" military weaponry, and theirs are closer to the anime super-weapon types like Five Star Stories blended with Zoids.  I wouldn't mind building a Ultra-Zoid (in fact, long ago I created a drawing of one I hoped to build some day) but I certainly don't have anything like that on my table.

Still, my current custom (which hasn't seen any work done on it in three weeks as it freezes out in my garage) is a beast, and could be a good balance for ZCA's style.  If ZP is going to have a contest, I would still like to show that custom here (especially if it gave me a shot at the new Dark Horn).

Decisions, decisions!

Post #: 20
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012! - 11/12/2011 9:25:56 AM   
MYTHOSReject

Well, if I recall correctly, one of ZP's rules is that the custom entry must be new and cannot have been previously revealed, so use that info as you see fit.

Fittingly enough, I was actually building Lyunsailung with the ZCA in mind, but because it didn't occur in 2011 as I had planned (up until then, it was once every two years), so it went into the ZP 2011 instead! But I'm glad the ZCA is giving me a chance to show it off anyways, along with the next custom I have cooking ^_^

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 21
Zoids Contest Arena 2012 - UPDATE - 14/12/2011 9:02:21 PM   
Maethius

UPDATE on ZCA site:

Event period has been changed (due to an undisclosed "emergency'):

Entry Submission: April 15 through January 31st

Works published: May 1st

Voting Deadline: August 1st

Results are expected to post mid-September.

Post #: 22
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012 - UPDATE - 16/12/2011 1:06:18 AM   
Leon35

Those dates are confusing to say the least. April 15 2012 to January 31 2013? And September of 2012?

Buying Zoids parts

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 23
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012 - UPDATE - 16/12/2011 4:03:05 PM   
Maethius

I've noticed the way the dates work has been consistent with their contests in the past.

I'm thinking the translator swapped those entry dates: how about from February 1 - April 15?  They will then post the entries to the website on May 1st.  What is odd to me, but it's their show, is that voting then takes place from May 1 - August 1... that's 3 months to compile votes!  After that there is a full month of post-production work (if you've seen how much they put into the website and the YouTube video of the last contest, you can see why), then they post the results.

Still, I would prefer:

Submissions: February & April

Publish Entries/Vote: May

Results: June/July

(in reply to Leon35)
Post #: 24
RE: Zoids Contest Arena 2012 - UPDATE - 28/12/2011 4:50:44 AM   
rayse tiger

I want in on this!

Just how do I join?

My youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZGzoids?feature=mhum

(in reply to Maethius)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [ZOIDS CITY FORUM] >> ZOIDS Discussion >> Zoids Contest Arena 2012! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode