ZOIDSPOISON ZOIDSPOISON
ZOIDSPOISON
About Us ZOIDS Stats ZOIDS Talk
ZOIDS Talk

HMM Liger Zero

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ZOIDS CITY FORUM] >> ZOIDS Discussion >> Zoids Model Reviews >> HMM Liger Zero Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HMM Liger Zero - 4/2/2011 2:54:03 AM   
Wolftiger

Ever since the HMM line started, I wanted see Liger Zero HMMized. When Koto announced they were producing Liger Zero, I was giddy for days.

Sorry, no build pics; I have been too busy (and eager get Liger Zero built) to stop to take pics. Once again, I have added my touches to the Liger Zero. I am really puzzled about why Koto feels the need to mold pieces in light blue, it looks weird. The plastic pale gold is ugly, they could have painted it like spruce K (the one with pitons.) The black plastic for once is really black, since Koto seems to substitute black with dark gray fairly often. The white is warm white, which can look yellow under indoor lights.

I have detailed the Liger Zero, painted the pitons silver and gold, hoses are painted silver along with other details.
Things that I painted:
light blue (spruce E & M) = black (underside of toes) or light gray (body pieces)
white = I put a gloss pearl clear coat over it to make it look metallic
guns =  gunmetal, guns were molded in black/brown.
Back pieces of hind legs (I10) = black
Teeth and toes (spruce J) = metallic gold (I painted part of the bottom of jaw white)

To Glue:
Upper teeth (J2, J3, & J5)
Side face pieces (A6 & A9)(A12 & A13)
Underside of belly (I7)
Side chest pieces (B2 & B4)
Tail (H3 & H4, DON’T glue H5)

Comes with Bit Cloud.

The HMM Liger Zero is pretty easy to build compared to the other HMM kits. I encountered some difficulty getting the front teeth to stay while putting on the face pieces that would secure them. It is a good idea to glue them, considering if you want to be able remove the face armor. The face armor fits very snug, so the whole head tends to come apart while removing the armor. Gluing the pieces will help, I have widened the holes and sanded the pegs of armor, so the face armor will easier to remove. The claws/toes are two pieces each, not very poseable. However they can be cut apart to be poseable like the motorized Liger Zero’s, the foot pieces will keep them in place. The booster mount, it keeps popping off while I open/close the boosters. I don’t want to glue because I want be able to remove it along with the armor.

Once the whole thing is together, my first thought: Look those legs! HMM Liger Zero is pretty leggy, but it has a lot of articulations. All four legs can extend for a more extreme pose (like HMM Saber Tiger‘s front legs) and the stabilizers can be folded down and extended out for more length. The head is smaller than the motorized Liger Zero but it fits better for the new lean body. The tail is the most posey thing of all. It can make a sharp turn or nice curve. Sadly the tail likes to come off when posing it into position, but it will stay once it is left alone. The chest gun can move up and down as well as sideways.

Good Kitty!

Strrreeetch

Expecting something?

Stalking for prey. . .

Like HMM Lightning Saix, the HMM Liger Zero has a place to attach it to a display stand. Which is LOVE. I got the Mechanical flying base 3, which is from Koto. I am having waaaayy too much fun with zoids on stands.

By the way, HMM Liger Zero is NOT compatible with Tomy Cp armors, they connected in different ways.

Pros:
An articulated Liger Zero
Pretty stable (except the tail)
Armors are removable
Compatiable with display stand

Cons:
Toes don’t move up/down like other HMM cat zoids
Tail likes to come loose

I am very pleased with my HMM Liger Zero, definitely an improvement over the Shield Liger and Blade Liger.  I had a lot of fun posing it and trying the out the stand. It is one of the top five HMM zoids I would recommend to people.

Build the zoids, it'll set them free!
Post #: 1
RE: HMM Liger Zero - 4/2/2011 3:41:44 AM   
Leon35

great review! and nice detailing!

EDIT: perhaps the toes are not articulate b/c the rest of the zoid is so poseable, perhaps Kot wanted to prevent balance issues, or maybe they were inxluded with a prototype but removed b/c it mau have been to loose?either way, there must be some logic behind it...however crazy it is to us....

< Message edited by Leon35 -- 4/2/2011 12:22:25 PM >

"Ladies and Gentleman, ZOIDS & Girls!"

Buying Zoids parts - UPDATES!!!!
http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=99552

(in reply to Wolftiger)
Post #: 2
RE: HMM Liger Zero - 4/2/2011 10:46:51 AM   
Spartan

Nice review!

Looks like Koto is seriously improving the designs in its HMM line. This Liger Zero looks to be the most poseable in the entire line so far. Will be interesting to see how future designs will turn out.

(in reply to Leon35)
Post #: 3
RE: HMM Liger Zero - 4/2/2011 3:26:46 PM   
Maethius

It is a very attractive kit.  Without the armor it looks like a cross between Saix and Zeke Dober!  Now that gives one an idea for an HMM kit....  Great review!

Please visit Age of War for more Maethius customs.

(in reply to Spartan)
Post #: 4
RE: HMM Liger Zero - 6/2/2011 6:33:36 PM   
Wolftiger

Thanks for the compliments!

@ Leon35:
It's a thought, I think it is more likely that Koto made the toes simpler for people who never built a HMM zoid. The HMM Liger Zero is easier to put together than Shield/Blade Liger and yet it is more poseable too.

Build the zoids, it'll set them free!

(in reply to Leon35)
Post #: 5
very solid model - 6/2/2011 11:28:02 PM   
sparten182

i just recently got this model to and i also was to much in a rush to build it to take pics. i kept most colors the same. the only thing im missing is that stand but i think after seeing your review i must get it

(in reply to Leon35)
Post #: 6
RE: very solid model - 8/2/2011 12:23:18 AM   
Leon35

which reminds me, how many stands are there in total, how/where can they be bought and what is the general cost? the stand really makes the HMM kits shine!

@wolftiger & Spartan: It is good to see that the quality of these kits are improving. Simpler huh? That's good in some aspects. and MORE poseable? who would have thought! wolftiger, with this one, did you have any trouble with loose fitting pieces? From what I have heard that is HMM's main problem.

"Ladies and Gentleman, ZOIDS & Girls!"

Buying Zoids parts - UPDATES!!!!
http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=99552

(in reply to sparten182)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [ZOIDS CITY FORUM] >> ZOIDS Discussion >> Zoids Model Reviews >> HMM Liger Zero Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode